Covid Guidelines at Practice
We will be taking specific precautions following guidelines of the NC Department of Health and Human Services and USA Track and Field to keep your children and our coaches safe and healthy.
- Children will be divided into an Upperclassmen group (8-14 years old) and a Junior Crazy Running group (5 – 7 years old). Many days, the groups will subdivide into even smaller groups based on attendance for that day. The current guideline for an outdoor gathering is a group limit of 50 or less.
- We have eliminated the use of shared equipment to reduce the risk of infection.
- We will have hand sanitizer available at all times.
- Children and coaches will be expected to and encouraged frequently to practice social distancing of at least 6 feet. Parents, please help us by reminding your child of this!
- Under the current governor order, face coverings are required outdoors if individuals of different households are not consistently 6 feet apart, this also applies to those who are exercising. Therefore we must ask that all Crazy Running participants wear a face covering at this time. We plan and strive for social distancing, but we cannot guarantee it when working with children these ages. We have had 3 full seasons of Crazy Running since the beginning of the pandemic with NO problems. We want to play it safe, and keep it that way!
- Also, in an effort to create a safe, sustainable environment, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND PRACTICE if you or your child is feeling ill or has had any exposure to someone who has tested positive for Covid 19.
Crazy Running Winter Conditioning will help the young athlete: be more prepared for spring sports, increase speed and endurance, improve core strength, increase overall fitness, become a stronger athlete!
Our program is designed to help develop coordination and athleticism in young kids. No matter what, your kids can get in great condition and help them become balanced, well-rounded athletes through running. We teach the fundamentals using structured practices, form drills, running specific exercises, and running specific plyometrics.
This is a program designed to teach young athletes the fundamentals of Track and Field – jumps, hurdles, sprints and distance events!
Our Summer Speedsters program will focus on increasing conditioning and speed development.
We will focus on goal setting and determination as we train to compete in fun fall races!