Covid Guidlines at Practice
We will be taking specific precautions following guidelines of the NC Department of Health and Human Services and USA Track and Field to keep your children and our coaches safe and healthy.
- Children will be divided into an Upperclassmen group (8-14 years old) and a Junior Crazy Running group (5 – 7 years old). Many days, the groups will subdivide into even smaller groups based on attendance for that day. The current guideline for an outdoor gathering is a group limit of 50 or less.
- We have eliminated the use of shared equipment to reduce the risk of infection.
- We will have hand sanitizer available at all times.
- Children and coaches will be expected to and encouraged frequently to practice social distancing of at least 6 feet. Parents, please help us by reminding your child of this!
- Under the current governor order, face coverings are required outdoors if individuals of different households are not consistently 6 feet apart, this also applies to those who are exercising. Therefore we must ask that all Crazy Running participants wear a face covering at this time. We plan and strive for social distancing, but we cannot guarantee it when working with children these ages. We have had 3 full seasons of Crazy Running since the beginning of the pandemic with NO problems. We want to play it safe, and keep it that way!
- Also, in an effort to create a safe, sustainable winter season, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND PRACTICE if you or your child is feeling ill or has had any exposure to someone who has tested positive for Covid 19.
Spring 2021 Schedule is out!
Sign ups for Spring are here and ready to go. Join us for our 7 week modified program that will get your runner ready to race The Pirate Alumni Road Race.
Sign ups are now open
Crazy Running – Winter Conditioning, one of our most popular training sessions, 6-weeks of endurance, strength and speed development for youth ages 9– 15. Sixty-minute workouts are designed and led by a USA Track and Field certified coach. Workouts include running, stretching, strength training, running form work, plyometrics, speed development and more!
Spring Elite Training
In the elite group, our emphasis is on giving young people the tools they need to be successful endurance athletes. A former Division 1 track and cross country athlete at ECU, Coach Andrew Ciaccia brings years of competitive running experience to each practice. Athletes will learn running form and dynamic mobility drills, as well as strength and dynamic flexibility work. We teach the skills to take your child’s athleticism to the next level and guide young athletes on how to effectively incorporate them into their routines. Our goal is to build strong, fast, coordinated, healthy and knowledgeable athletes.
This group is for our more serious young athletes. All participants should be able to run one mile in 11 minutes or less with limited stopping. We highly recommend these athletes be able to hit the running standards and come ready to work very hard. If a child is below the age of 9 but you think would be a great fit email email@example.com